First prototype propeller blades built

|

We have finished laminating the first prototypes of our propeller blades. In this process, we discovered that we needed to adjust the layers of carbon fibre, but that will require only minor changes in the original design. The prototype in general is very solid, although it looks almost fragile. We also placed the socket and fortified it with additional carbon unidirectional tape.
In the meantime we try to get sufficient sponsoring to buy the engine and the control technology. Another team is constructing and building the nose cover and the cowl flaps. The mechanism for the nose cover is pretty complicated but we managed to adapt it to the tight installation space.